Friday, September 29, 2006

Unpleasant experiences part 1

I don’t think I’ll ever be gay; especially after the unpleasant experience of having a Sigmoidoscope rammed up the place where the sun shineth not and wiggled around this morning. If this is some people’s idea of sex they’re welcome to it. More tests to come and a Colonoscopy scheduled for next Friday. I’ll say this for the hospitals – when they do get round to lumbering into action they shift very quickly indeed.

I’ve been reading the preparation sheets which would bring a smile to the face of Torquemada. The day before I’ve got to start purging my system with a very nasty cocktail of colonic clearance agents. That promises to keep me away from the keyboard and studying the bathrooms décor for long periods. Must leave a book or two up there and check my mp3 players content. It’s going to be a long 48 hours

Bless Angie, she’s my rock, my haven and my shield in these difficult time. If it all goes pear shaped I won’t forget to tell her she’s what's kept me sane. It can’t be too wonderful for her, but with her help and the surgeons I’ll be okay. There is a school of thought that states; what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. That being the case; at this rate I’ll be able to bend iron bars around my psyche.

No comments: