Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Freemans and flooding

I love freebies! Today I got a phone call from Angie at about 15:30. She'd been offered free tickets for the RST in Stratford. The tickets were for Coriolanus, one of Shakespeare's Roman plays. Now I've never actually read or seen the play, mainly because it has always slipped below my very cluttered radar.

Yes, I would see it again. A roaring study in vainglory and pride, of stupidity and revenge. As always I love the language the plays are couched in, which made a welcome change from the current idiocies of the day job.

On the way home it started to rain, and seeing as the river level in Stratford is quite high at present, I was wondering whether we were due for another inundation. On the far side of the river, the Recreation ground and cricket field are still under water, and what with rain forcast for tonight will remain so as the ground is quite saturated. No matter, we live far enough from the river not to worry. When the waters start lapping on my front doorstep I shall know we're in trouble.

No comments: